Community Awareness & Prevention
HELP PREVENT A CHILD FROM BEING EXPLOITED?
BE AWARE of who your child spends time with, you are allowed to know who, what, when, & why on your child and check up on them DAILY!
ENCOURAGE open communication with your child(ren).
BE MORE involved in your child’s day to day activities and social life….NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY ARE!
DO NOT put child’s first name on items. This puts your child on a first name basis with anyone.
MONITOR their electronics and internet via email, texting, social network site, etc (Facebook, snap chat, twitter, gaming stations, etc). Who are they Following & who is Following them!
EDUCATE them on Privacy…To NOT post personal info or pictures with personal info
(ie posting pictures wearing their school logo or of them in front of their house showing their house # etc.). This makes them easier to locate.
UNDERSTAND that no one should want to be with your child more than you. When someone is showing your child too much attention, ask yourself why.
LISTEN when your child tells you that he or she does not want to be with or go with someone else.
TEACH your children they have a right to say “NO!”.
QUESTION any money or gifts your child brings home.
KNOW the signs that a child may have been assaulted.
BELIEVE your children if they say they have been assaulted.
IF YOU FEEL there is CONCERN of an individual(s), call your local law enforcement and ask.
· Training Length: 2 hours
· Format: Online or Facilitator-led
· Languages: English and Spanish
· Staff Tracking: Score and Completion Tracking Available
· CPE: TEA-approved for 2 credit hours*
Why choose Darkness to Light's Stewards for children?
· It is a free training available to all Texas school district and open-enrollment charter school employees.
· It is the only nationally available, scientifically evaluated prevention training program of its kind.
· Its evidence-informed platform addresses the needs of geographically and socioeconomically diverse campuses of all sizes.
· It takes a compassionate, engaging approach to child sexual abuse prevention using a combination of survivor stories, expert advice, and practical guidance.
· It offers convenience and ease of use for districts through online individual training, facilitator-led group sessions, and train the trainer opportunities.
· It provides the ability to track, monitor, and maintain training records for all school personnel as required by Texas law (TEC § 38.0041(d)).
· It may be provided in coordination with partnering districts, Education Service Centers (ESCs), Children's Advocacy Centers (CACs), and other community organizations to strengthen local training efforts.
· It is approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), and eligible for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
It provides administrators, faculty, and staff with the knowledge and tools to effectively recognize and respond to child sexual abuse.
Call and schedule your training today! 903-6297588